The iPhone has gone a long way in its ten years, but one feature that has yet to be added to the essential user engagement is native split-screen functionality. If it’s the first time you’ve heard of such a feature, you might struggle to find it because iOS hasn’t provided any precise instructions to guide consumers to it yet. There are numerous reasons why you should learn how to split iPhone screen because of its wide range of benefits.
- Understanding iPhone Split Screen
- iPhone Alternative Split Screen Option
- How to Split iPhone Screen
- Importance Of Split Screen
Understanding iPhone Split Screen
To save time, the split screen functionality splits the screen into two portions so that apps can operate properly. This function divides the phone screen and enables you to run any two apps to view and use. To be more exact, it allows you to look at two windows or applications on your iPhone at the same time, and you may use it to examine several documents or utilize two social media apps at the same time.
On the other hand, you can’t use the split screen capability on iOS because there’s no such feature in the iOS Settings. You’ll also need to install a third-party app if you want to learn how to split iPhone screen on 11, 12, or 13.
iPhone Alternative Split Screen Option
Apple’s screen splitting capability is rather limited because it is only suitable for specific phones and thus does not enable an actual split-screen mode.
Installing specifically created programs is another alternative. On the App Store, you may find a number of apps designed expressly to imitate the iPhone split screen feature on your iPhone device. Many applications do an excellent job of displaying two screens side by side.
How to Split iPhone Screen
Although the built-in split screen capability is not yet available in iPhones, you can split your screen with any of the applications available. Continue reading to learn how to use an app to display two applications on your iPhone screen at the same time.
Using the iPhone Split Screen Feature
As previously stated, it is possible to be using the iPhone Split Screen Mode, which can be accessed in the menu as well as activated if you have one of the advanced models of iPhone.
The option is located in the iOS menu and seems to be difficult to find at first. If you would like to split the screen on your iPhone, follow these steps;
- Go to the Settings application
- Tap Display and Brightness
- Click Zoom
- And choose Display
- Then Set
- And last is Zoom
After you have set this selection, your iPhone device will activate and switch to Split Screen mode. The only thing that you have to do now is to hold your phone crosswise or horizontally if you wish for your screens to be split in the near future.
After you’ve made this pick, your iPhone will be capable of switching to Split Screen view. If you want your screens to be divided in the near future, all you have to do is just hold your iPhone crosswise or horizontally.
When you tilt your iPhone to the side after opening an app, it automatically switches to the iPhone Split Screen display. In this mode, you can display the current application as well as additional facts such as mail notifications, settings, time, calendars, reminders, incoming messages, contacts, and many other Apple internal information.
Using Third Party App
A split screen is possible on an iPhone, but only with third-party software. There’s no picture-in-picture feature built into iOS that allows you to divide the iPhone screen from there. Read the instructions below to discover how to go about it.
- Launch the App Store app on your iPhone device.
- In the lower right corner, click the Search symbol.
- Next, select the Search bar.
- In the search bar, enter Split Screen – Dual Window, then select it from the results.
- Download and install the Split Screen – Dual Window app for your iPhone.
- Run the application on the browser windows with its web versions by opening the installed app.
Importance Of Split Screen
When you wish to multitask, split-screen is really beneficial.
- If you want to view a video while also texting someone, you may utilize the split-screen capability to do both.
- If you want to talk with someone on WhatsApp while also searching for anything on Google, split-screen will all be useful.
- A split-screen can indeed be useful when preparing for examinations if you are a student. You can have one window open with your notes and another with the exam paper.
- Split-screen is especially useful when you want to view a movie and read comments simultaneously time. For instance, if you do want to see a tutorial while also viewing the live responses, you could do it with a split-screen.
- Lastly, split-screen is beneficial for playing video games. For instance, if you want to play a game while also chatting with your friends, you may use split-screen to do both.
How can I use a screen split to multitask on the iPhone and iPad?
Follow this instruction to multitask with your iPhone or iPad. First and foremost, arrange the many apps you intend to use and unlock additional functionality. The only thing left to do is to install all of the applications at the same time.
Does the iPhone have split screens on such a small screen?
The latest iPhone includes a slew of new functions. However, splitting the screen into a small display is not one of the most common. You can watch videos while doing something else. The iPhone 7 has a tiny screen that allows you to watch videos. Anything with a screen larger than an iPhone 8 has a huge screen. This begins with an iPhone X, followed by an iPhone XS, an iPhone 11, and an iPhone 12 and 13.
A split screen on iPhone is a useful way to do things at the same time. This is a huge help to save time and effort. We hope you found this post useful and that you were able to use the split-screen on your iPhone. Please leave a comment if you have any queries or recommendations! Thank you for your time!