On your iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS/XS Max, or iPhone XR, you may wish to snap a screenshot because you want to share it with someone else or save the critical information on your device. This article, which describes two ways how to screenshot on iPhone 8, was written for that reason. In addition to the ways on how to screenshot on iPhone 8, viewing, editing, and sharing the screenshot on your iPhone device were also included in this article. To learn more, keep reading.
The ability to photograph the contents of your iPhone screen can be useful at times. This might be a thing you found online, a piece of music you need to remember, or getting the best score in a game and wanting to tell your buddies about it. It can even be some important rumors that you really must spread.
Thankfully, taking a screenshot with an iPhone is a pretty simple way to accomplish this in these situations. We demonstrate how to quickly and easily take a screenshot of an iPhone 8 or 8 Plus display.
- How To Screenshot On iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus
- How To Screenshot on iPhone X
- Which Buttons Take A Screenshot On iPhone 8?
- Editing The Screenshot
How To Screenshot On iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus
In general, there are two ways how to screenshot on iPhone 8, it’s either via using buttons or ‘Assistive Touch.’
How To Screenshot On iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus Using Buttons
- Navigate to the iPhone screen you want to capture.
- To take a screenshot on your iPhone 8, quickly press and then release the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons.
- The screenshot preview will then appear in the lower-left corner of the screen. When you press on the preview, you can alter the screenshot by cropping it, adding marks, or adding text, a signature, or a magnifier.
- Then select ‘Done’, then ‘Save’ to Photos to save the screenshot to your iPhone, or select ‘Share’ to send it via email, message, or another method of your choice.
If you want to directly save your screenshot, just swipe left across the preview. The screenshot will be automatically saved on your device. If you like the screenshot to check later, just go to your ‘Photos’, tap ‘Album’, then ‘Screenshots’ on your device.
How To Screenshot On iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus Using AssistiveTouch
If you find that pressing buttons might accidentally activate “Siri” or lock your iPhone if you don’t hit the buttons simultaneously, using “AssistiveTouch” is actually more practical. You can do it by following the instructions listed below.
- On your iPhone, go to “Settings,” then “General” and “Accessibility.”
- To make your iPhone screen easier on the eyes, you can also invert color on the iPhone 8 under “Accessibility”.
- To activate it, scroll down and select “AssistiveTouch.”
- After that, select “Customize Top Level Menu.”
- To add a fresh icon, simply tap the Plus (+) symbol.
- Select “Screenshot” by tapping the recently added symbol, then click “Done.”
- The “Screenshot” option will then appear in the “AssistiveTouch” Menu.
- Go to the screen you want to take a screenshot on your iPhone 8.
- Click the ‘AssistiveTouch’ button on your screen and choose ‘Screenshot’ to screenshot your iPhone.
How To Screenshot on iPhone X
On your iPhone X device, the way of taking a screenshot is a bit different from the iPhone 8 since there’s no ‘Home’ button on it. Here are the steps to take:
- Find the screen you wish to capture on your device by navigating there.
- To screenshot on your iPhone X, simultaneously press and hold the ‘Side and Volume Up’ buttons.
- After taking the screenshot, you can modify it further by clicking the thumbnail in the bottom-left corner of your iPhone X, or you can choose to let it save automatically.
- In iOS 11, you can see the screenshots by visiting ‘Photos’, then Albums, and Camera Roll/Screenshots.
- In iOS 12, open Photos, choose ‘Albums’, go to ‘Media Types’, and select ‘Screenshots’ to get the Screenshots album.
Similarly, you can also screenshot your iPhone X using Assistive Touch mentioned above.
Which Buttons Take A Screenshot On iPhone 8?
Holding down a few of the physical buttons on the iPhone 8 or 8 Plus at once is necessary to take a screenshot.
Press the Side button, which turns the iPhone on and off, while simultaneously pressing the Home button on the front of the phone to take a picture. For about a second, hold both buttons, then release.
Editing The Screenshot
By moving the blue boundaries around the little image after tapping it, you can resize the image. You can also highlight particular areas of the image using the various drawing and annotating tools that are accessible.
You’ll see a ‘+’ sign in the bottom right corner, which provides you accessibility to text boxes, a place to add your signature, and a magnifier that, as the name implies, may enlarge specific portions of the image.
When the screenshot is perfect, select Done in the upper left corner of the screen to save it to the Photos app.
On the iPhone 8, hold down the volume up button while holding down the lock button to take a screenshot. Your screen will flash white, and the phone will make a noise.
Why can’t my iPhone 8 take a screenshot?
The “SmartCam” function on the iPhone 8 recognizes when you’re attempting to take a screenshot and will take the picture instead.
How to screenshot on iPhone 8 is one of the questions most iPhone users encountered when having trouble using the device. Hopefully, the ways mentioned above can help you how to screenshot on iPhone 8 easily and successfully.
Do not hesitate to share your ideas in the comment section box below. Have a good one.