Sometimes, some apps seem to be missing on your iPhone. But it’s even more frustrating if you can’t find the Phone icon on your iPhone. With the Phone app, you can make and receive calls. Plus, it also allows you to access your contacts and voicemails. So how to get phone app back on iPhone?
As one of the most essential apps on your iPhone, you want to have quick access to this icon at all times. So, it can be quite frustrating when you can’t see it immediately. By default, the Phone app icon is usually located in the Dock, regardless of the model you have. But if you can’t see it there, here are several ways how to get Phone app back on iPhone.
- 4 Important Methods How To Get Phone App Back On iPhone
4 Important Methods How To Get Phone App Back On iPhone
Here are the four important methods how to get phone app back on iPhone:
Method 1: Look In The App Library
The first method how to get Phone app back on iPhone is to start looking in the App Library. In most cases, a missing Phone app means you may have accidentally removed it from your Home screen.
The good news is when the Phone app or any app is removed from your Home Screen, you can still find and access it in the App Library. Thus, it’s the first best option.
- Open your app Library. You can do this by swiping left past all the Home screen pages until you see the App Library.
- You’ll see all installed apps organized into categories. Scroll down to look for the Phone app. Alternatively, you can also use the search tab which is located at the top of your App Library screen.
- Once you’ve found the Phone app, tap, hold, and drag it to your Home Screen. Alternatively, you can long-press the Phone app icon in the App Library and choose ‘Add to Home Screen.’ Take note, however, that the ‘Add to Home Screen’ option may not appear if the Phone app icon is already on your Home Screen, on one of the hidden app pages, or in an app folder.
This method may be different for iOS14 versions or later. In this case, when you go to the Library App, you’ll see a list of folders. From the Social folder, you’ll find the Phone app icon. You can tap and hold the Phone app and drag it to the Dock, which is at the bottom of your iPhone screen. Just tap Done after.
Method 2: Use The Spotlight Search
Another way how to get phone app back on iPhone is to use the Spotlight search. This is one of the best options since it allows you to find apps that are hidden in an app folder. To do this, follow the below steps:
- Swipe down on your Home Screen. A search bar should appear.
- Type Phone. This should reveal relevant apps and folder names.
- Once you find the Phone app from the search, long-press the app and drag it to your main home screen or your iPhone Dock.
- If it doesn’t appear in the Spotlight search, you can go to Settings.
- Tap on Phone, then Siri & search. Turn on the Toggle next to the ‘Show App in Search.’ This should show Apps on search results. Repeat the steps above.
Method 3: Check Hidden Home Screen Pages
Your Phone app icon may not be visible if you’ve accidentally hidden its app page. This feature is available for iOS14 and later versions.
To unhide the Phone app icon, you need to:
- Long-press on an empty area on your Home Screen.
- From the Edit mode that appears, tap on the page dots at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll and look for the hidden app page that contains the Phone app icon.
- Mark the particular app page to unhide it.
- Tap ‘Done.’
Method 4: Reset Your Home Screen Layout
If you’re getting frustrated in your search for the Phone app, the easiest way how to get Phone app back on iPhone is to simply reset your Home Screen layout. If you don’t mind rearranging all apps on your Home Screen to default and removing your home screen widgets, then this is the best and quickest option to try.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll and go to General.
- Then, tap Reset.
- Tap the ‘Reset Home Screen Layout.’
- A confirmation menu should appear. Simply tap ‘Reset Home Screen’ to confirm.
On my iPhone, where can I find a lost app icon?
It’s possible that an app’s icon was removed if you can’t find it on your iPhone. Open the App Store and select the ‘Updates’ look for a missing app icon. A cloud icon will appear next to the app’s name if its icon is absent. To download the app once more, tap the cloud symbol.
Why did the phone icons on my iPhone device disappear?
There are various potential reasons why the phone symbol on your iPhone might have vanished. One option is that you unintentionally turned off your device’s phone feature. ‘Go to Settings’ and seek for ‘Phone’ option to verify. Put it back on if it’s been off.
Another option is that your phone signal is no longer working. Ensure that you are in a location with strong reception, and then try to restart your iPhone device
That’s it! We hope that after reading this article you now have an idea of how to get Phone app back on iPhone. With the Phone app back, you can now easily access your contacts and make calls with ease.
Please do not hesitate to leave your opinions and ideas in the comment section below. Have a good one.