If you’re a DIY person or love to do your own work by yourself then you must be familiar with glue or welding. This is because none of your DIY projects will complete without these. Whenever you are going to attach two different objects or fix a broken thing, you’ll need these. Suppose, any of your favorite gadgets are broken which is made of plastic, what would you do? Would you throw it away and go for a new one or you’ll try to fix it?
In my case, I’ll definitely go for the second option. So if you choose the second option like me, you’ll need the best plastic welder to fix your broken things. Fixing your existing products is always cheaper than going for a new one. Besides that, there might be an emotional attachment to your old product. To help you with that here in this article, I’m going to include the top 09 best plastic welding kit.
Do Plastic Welders Work?
If you’re new to plastic welding then this is a fair question that will surely arise in your mind. In this case, I’ll tell you that plastic welders really work and they will surely give you an effective output. But you must have to select the right plastic welding machine to complete your task. When you use the plastic welder, it creates a molecular bond/attachment with two compatible thermoplastics. Basically, they use polymer-material that becomes pliable with UV light or heat with a required temperature or liquid. Once they cooled they became a strong and solid form.
Best Plastic Welders- 30 Sec Quick Summary
Editor’s Choice: Bondic Liquid Plastic Glue
Bondic is the world’s first and the fastest UV light-powered liquid plastic glue to weld plastic to all types of materials. It creates a rock-solid and long-lasting bond.
Best for Newbie: Polyvance 5700HT Mini Weld Model 7 Airless Plastic Welder
Polyvance Airless Plastic Welder is a perfect welding tool for beginners. Even the manufacturer provides QR sheets with instructional videos.
Strongest and lightweight: Beyondlife Plastic Hot Air Welder
Less than 3 pounds weight, it is one of the strongest, compact and sturdy plastic welding tools.
Best for professional Use: Weldy 1600W Professional Hot Air Welding Gun
This plastic welding tool is manufactured with professional-grade quality to provide you higher accuracy. You can complete all types of job-sites with this amazing tool.
Most Reliable: Steinel Heat Gun Kit
Steinel is one of the most renowned brands for manufacturing welding guns. You can blindly rely on this brand product.
Budget-Friendly: Hobie – Kc Welder Pro With Rod Stock
Hobie’s this model is one of the most inexpensive and budget-friendly plastic welding tools.
Easy to Use: Poly Welder Pro 200 Watt Plastic Repair Kit
Its flexible structure and easiest welding process make it one of the easiest welding tools.
Versatile and advanced control: Master Appliance ProHeat Series Plastic Welding Kit
You can repair almost all types of plastic with this versatile and advanced control welding tool.
Overload Protection: DEWALT Heat Gun with LCD
To complete your welding project effectively and ensure its safety, DEWALT Heat Gun comes with overload protection.
Table of Content:
Check this table of content and get a quick overview of the topic that I’ve discussed in this article. From here, you can go to any specific topic in no time.
- Do Plastic Welders Work?
- Best Plastic Welders- 30 Sec Quick Summary
- Top 10 Best Plastic Welder In 2021
- 1. Editor’s Choice: Bondic Liquid Plastic Glue
- 2. Best for Newbie: Polyvance 5700HT Mini Weld Model 7 Airless Plastic Welder
- 3. Strongest and lightweight: Beyondlife Plastic Hot Air Welder
- 4. Best for professional Use: Weldy 1600W Professional Hot Air Welding Gun
- 5. Most Reliable: Steinel Heat Gun Kit
- 6. Budget-Friendly: Hobie – Kc Welder Pro With Rod Stock
- 7. Easy to Use: Poly Welder Pro 200 Watt Plastic Repair Kit
- 8. Versatile and advanced control: Master Appliance ProHeat Series
- 9. Comes with Overload Protection: DEWALT Heat Gun with LCD
- How To Use A Plastic Welding Machine
- Final Verdict
Don’t skip this comparison chart, if you want to get comparison data between these products that are covered in this article.
|Bondic Liquid Plastic Glue||
Best for Newbie
|Polyvance 5700HT Mini Weld||
Strongest and lightweight
|Beyondlife Plastic Hot Air Welder||
Best for professional Use
|Weldy 1600W Professional Hot Air Welding Gun||
|Steinel Heat Gun Kit||
|Hobie – Kc Welder Pro With Rod Stock||
Easy to Use
|Poly Welder Pro 200 Watt Plastic Repair Kit||
Versatile and advanced control
|Master Appliance ProHeat Series||
Comes with Overload Protection
|DEWALT Heat Gun with LCD||
Top 10 Best Plastic Welder In 2021
When you search for the best plastic welder, you’ll get plenty of options. As a beginner, it’s so tough for you to pick the ideal one. For your convenience, below this section, I’ve listed the top 10 plastic welders that are currently ruling the market.
1. Editor’s Choice: Bondic Liquid Plastic Glue
When you search for the best plastic welder, the name of Bondic will dazzle like a star. If you’re curious to know why I’m saying this, then read this Bondic Review and you’ll get your answer. It is the first, fastest, and the oldest UltraViolet light glue for bonding hard plastic to all types of materials. Bondic uses an advanced and very latest liquid-adhesive-formula that solidifies only when exposed to UV light.
As a result, you can use the glue on the object and reshape and size them until you get your desired position. It won’t harden like other glues whenever you apply, it gives you enough time to set up your things in the right position. When everything is in its correct position, it takes less than 4-seconds to create a strong bonding. With Bondic, you are going to enjoy a rock-solid bond and you can customize it with paint or a sander.
This UV light powered liquid glue allows you to repair any broken things by filling the cracks, replacing the missing part, and making molds. Besides that, the most amazing part of this glue is water and heat can’t affect the bond once it gets solidified. Moreover, Bondic liquid plastic glue is completely toxic and harmful chemical-free. So, you can employ it safely without any tension.
- Bondic provides you a strong, long-lasting, and customizable bond between objects with its advanced liquid plastic glue and UV light.
- As it is not sticky type glue like others, it won’t irritate your skin while working with it.
- All the components and the glue of this device are totally harmful chemical and toxic-free, so you can safely use it.
- It is able to create a strong bonding with all types of objects and materials, such as wood, plastic, steel, ceramic, metal, etc.
- Takes less than 4 seconds to solidify when exposed to UV light.
Where You Buy The Bondic Device?
If you make your mind to get the Bondic device, then I’ll recommend you buy it from its official site. I’ve purchased mine from the official site and it is working outstanding. Besides that, if you buy it from the official site, you’ll get an ongoing discount and other benefits. For your comfort, down this part, I’m going to add the official link of the Bondic.
2. Best for Newbie: Polyvance 5700HT Mini Weld Model 7 Airless Plastic Welder
Polyvance Airless Plastic Welder is a next-generation plastic welding tool that is committed to fulfilling all of your needs. Especially for beginners, this one is a complete package of welding. To help the new user with a complete guide of welding it provides a QR code sheet for instructional videos. With this ready-to-use plastic welder gun, you can effectively weld high-melting-points plastic, such as nylon-radiator tanks.
The device comes with 200-watt ceramic core elements to melt the toughest plastic in a faster process. To complete your welding task with perfection, you’ll get 8 types of standard plastic welder rods. Because of this, a newbie to a pro user can properly match the exact automotive plastic along with the welding rods.
Beyond the rods, you’ll get easy to swap tips and temperature control. The tips of the welder perfectly fit with the standard welding rods and allow you to work with all sorts of plastic. Moreover, with the help of temperature control, you can adjust the temperature before you start your welding.
- It comes with a 200-watt ceramic core that helps to melt the thought plastic as well.
- The tips of the welder fit with the standard welding rods and allow to work with all types of plastic.
- With the temperature control option, you can preset the temperature before starting your welding project.
- You’ll get a durable carrying case that ensures its safety and increases portability.
- It has a QR code sheet for instructional videos for beginners.
3. Strongest and lightweight: Beyondlife Plastic Hot Air Welder
If you’re looking for a sturdy, lightweight, and compact plastic welder, I’ll recommend you to go for “Beyondlife Plastic Hot Air Welder”. The overall weight of this tool is less than 3 pounds, which makes it very lightweight tool. With this super amazing welding device, you can perfectly weld with different types of plastic. You’ll get an adjustable temperature gauge to control the temperature based on your welding project.
The greatest strength of this useful tool is it can effectively weld all types of hard-plastic, such as car-bumpers, water-tanks, tarpaulins, etc. Even you can use this tool to repair a vinyl floor, truck curtains, membranes of a swimming pool, etc. Once you turn on the welder switch, it produces a jet of hot-air. By applying hot air, you can soften the plastic, especially the area you want to fix.
It is also capable of softening the plastic filler rod. As the temperature of the hot air is completely adjustable, you can set the right temperature while dealing with different types of plastic. Beyondlife comes with a complete set of accessories. You will get spare heating elements, 40 mm flat size nozzle, pencil tip nozzle, pressure silicone roller, plastic rod, etc.
- This welding gun kit comes with sturdy and compact material for durable and long-lasting service.
- The temperature is completely adjustable in between 30-700° C that allows you to deal with different plastic effectively.
- It weighs less than 3-pounds so you can comfortably work with it for a longer period of time.
- It provides all the accessories that you’ll need to finish your project.
4. Best for professional Use: Weldy 1600W Professional Hot Air Welding Gun
When you look for a professional-grade plastic welding gun, this one from “Weldy” will surely take your attention. This powerful plastic welding tool comes with a robust & compact design that allows you to effectively deal with versatile elements, such as plastics & PVCs.
To provide you the top-level accuracy this device has a variety of options for heat level. You can control the degree of hot air from 40° to a huge 700° C as per your project requirement. It doesn’t matter which level of heat option you choose, with this industrial and professional-grade tool, you’ll always get the best output.
The welding tools come with a flexible grip that helps you to hold the tools comfortably during work. Along with that, it includes a heat tube-protection feature to increase your safety. Basically, the manufacturer of this tool designed it to complete all job sites as a professional grade.
As a result, a professional worker can also use it to complete his work without any hesitation. You’ll get all the required accessories with this tool in a comfortable carrying box. It includes an energy-Ht-1600, a 40-mm wide-slot-nozzle, a 20-mm wide-slot-nozzle, and a silicone pressure-roller.
- Built with professional-grade quality for higher accuracy and long-lasting durability.
- Variety of options for heat selection for a different project.
- It can perfectly assist all types of job sites.
- The device is designed with a soft grip for easy handling.
- It arrives with all the required accessories in a complete package.
5. Most Reliable: Steinel Heat Gun Kit
If you’re looking for the best plastic welder, you should check this model of Steinel heat gun. Without any doubt, Steinel is one of the most renowned brands in the category of the heat gun. This advanced heat gun has a microprocessor control that helps you to complete all the welding tasks smoothly and efficiently.
The gun delivers huge 1600-watts massive power to weld different types of plastic. For your convenience, the manufacturer includes an LCD panel with the device to monitor and control the temperature based on your project. Because of this, you can use the exact heat to melt and repair the plastic.
You’ll get all the relevant accessories in a strong-aluminum carrying-case. It includes a 75-mm spreader nozzle, a 14-mm reflector nozzle, a 9-mm reduction nozzle, assorted welding rods, plastic welding tips, etc.
- Steinel heat gun comes with a microprocessor to complete your welding task smoothly.
- It has an LCD panel to monitor and control the heat of this welding tool.
- The manufacturer uses a Dura thermal heating element surrounded by ceramic so that you could effectively use more heat.
- Comes with all the relevant accessories in a complete package.
6. Budget-Friendly: Hobie – Kc Welder Pro With Rod Stock
If you’re tight on budget but looking for the best plastic welding kit, this one from Hobie is a wonderful choice for you. With its 80-watt elements, you can effectively deal with all kinds of light projects.
The device has a flat-tip & a 3/16th inch hole to insert the repair rods. As a budget-friendly tool, this plastic welding tool is very effective for repairing holes, cracks, and polyethylene products. This device is appropriate for new users because of its simple and easy user interface.
You just have to insert the repairing rod and place it on the surface where you need to repair it. Then move the welder to the fixing spot to melt the material & repair the cracks. If there is any hole in your surface, push your rod to fill the gap with melted plastic. Just one thing, you should keep in mind that this one has no control over temperature.
- It comes with an 80-watt element for small and light projects.
- You will get a lengthy power cord for flexible movement.
- Offers a different variety of colors for selecting welding rods.
- It can effectively fix holes, cracks, and polyethylene products.
7. Easy to Use: Poly Welder Pro 200 Watt Plastic Repair Kit
Poly Welder Pro is one of the easiest welding kits that you could ever find. With this universal welding kit, you can make a permanent repair to almost anything that is made from polyethylene.
To complete your welding project properly, it offers a 200-watt heavy-duty welding iron. You can repair all types of holes, cracks, gouges, dents & any other damage that is made of polyethylene plastic. As most of the water tanks, sporting goods, kayaks, and toys are made of polyethylene, you can use this welder tool to fix them.
But before using you must make sure about the materials to avoid unnecessary damage. Besides that, you can also use this welder with other types of plastic with the right filler rod. Its unique flow properties during the melting time help the user to create a strong & durable bond.
- With this universal welding kit, you can repair almost anything that is made from polyethylene.
- Using this device is very easy and simple and it comes with all the instructions.
- Everything you repair with it, you get a permanent and durable bond.
- Its heavy-duty 200-watt heating element is powerful enough to fix polyethylene-made objects.
8. Versatile and advanced control: Master Appliance ProHeat Series
Master Appliance ProHeat is one of the most advanced and versatile plastic welding kits on our list. It comes with a lot of welding accessories in a portable carrying case. All the accessories are placed in a separate place so that you can easily get them whenever you need them.
It uses an advanced system to control the temperature and airflow. As a result, you can effectively work with different types of thermoplastics such as rigid & flexible-plastics, liners, tarps, covers, inflatables, tents, and more. With its LCD panel and dial-in control, you can monitor the temperature and set it as per your requirements. With its magnetic key lock-in feature, you can save a setting and be able to use it repeatedly.
However, you can control the temperature from 130° to 1000° Fahrenheit. The welder is designed in a pistol-style and has a comfortable grip so that you can hold it conveniently. You’ll get a 6-feet long cord to complete your project conveniently. Along with the hating gun, you get five popular attachments and 5 types of plastic rods.
- It comes with the five most-popular attachments for versatile welding work.
- The pistol-shaped design makes this welder more convenient to use.
- You can adjust the temperature & airflow of this device with its dial-in control.
- It also offers a 6-feet long cord for flexible movement during work.
9. Comes with Overload Protection: DEWALT Heat Gun with LCD
If you’re looking for an advanced and powerful plastic welding tool to complete your welding project with perfection. You should go for the DEWALT Heat Gun. With lots of amazing features and advanced functionality, it becomes one of the most popular products on the market.
The overall weight of this device is just 2.3 LBS which makes this device very lightweight and easy to hold. It has built-in overload protection to protect your project from accidental burn-up. Heating elements automatically shut when it gets excessively hot. Besides that, the device has an LCD monitor to watch and adjust the temperature within 150°-1100° F.
Even the cord of this device is also protected to save it from tearing away from the device’s housing. The device has built-in hang rings that allow you to store the device safely and conveniently. Moreover, it also included an innovative kickstand to increase the stability of this device and prevent tip over.
- It features an LCD panel to monitor and control the temperature.
- With the built-in hang ring storing this device is very convenient.
- The device is very lightweight, it weighs only 2.3 lbs.
- Comes with overload and cord protection to ensure safe welding.
- The ergonomic grip of this device allows the user to hold it conveniently.
How To Use A Plastic Welding Machine
Using a plastic welding machine is very simple and the easiest task for its old user. If you’re a beginner, you might be curious to know how to do this job. Pay your attention to the below segment to know the process of plastic welding.
1. Set Up the Workplace
Selecting the place for welding is very crucial. You must select a place where there are sufficient workspace and enough ventilation system. This will protect you from dust & fumes. Working outdoors is ideal but if that is not possible, open all the doors and windows of your room and create sufficient ventilation.
2. Wear Heat Protective Gloves and Long Sleeved
Plastic welder gets excessively hot during the time of welding and it could burn your body if you directly touch it accidentally. Wearing heat-protective gloves and long-sleeved will help you to work effectively without any tension.
3. Clean the Plastic
Cleaning the area of the spot is very important before starting your welding. It helps you to get smooth and shiny output. Clean the debris from the surface with hot water and sponge foam. If necessary you can use detergent or dish soap.
4. Select the Right Welding Rod
The easiest way to select the right welding rod is to use the letter-identification on the plastic. For example, PP means (polypropylene), PE means (polyethylene), or PVC means (polyvinyl chloride).
5. Preheat the Welding Gun
Different types of plastic melt at different temperatures, so it is important to set the current temperature to make perfect welding. Generally, the temperature you need is somewhere between 200°-300°.
6. Trim the End of the Welding Rod
Trimming your welding rod is very simple and it is important to get a smooth output. Just hold the plastic pillar rod diagonally and snip it to hone the rod to a point. This will help you to create a smooth weld without making any bubble of plastic.
If you are a DIY or a professional worker, plastic welders are a very important tool that you’ll need to complete different projects. Above in this article. I’ve listed the best plastic welder that is currently ruling the market. You can choose any of the welders without any doubt. But if you want me to help you in selecting one, I’ll recommend you go for the Bondic liquid plastic welder.
It’s a UV power welding tool that uses UV light and liquid plastic glue to create bonding with objects. There’s no accidental risk with this welder like other heat welding guns. Bondic not only works with plastic, but it also works with every single material, wood, metal, etc. Besides that, you can customize the bonding with paint and sander and give your project a new look.