Photographing is fun, artistic, free, but if we ignore the organization of our digital photos, as time passes, we will accumulate photographs without rhyme or reason, until we finish with the digital version of that closet we talked about at the beginning.
If you only go through life storing your photos on your PC, MAC or Laptop, you are taking a great risk. Make a backup copy of your photos stored on an external hard drive and USB flash drive explicitly dedicated to this purpose.
These portable devices are compact and also have large storage capacity. They serve excellently as a backup to your information. It's not that no calamity befalls these devices, but you're much less likely to run out of your photos if they exist in two different places at once. Here, we have highlighted the best way to store digital photos long term.
Best Way To Store Digital Photos Long Term
Storing digital photos seems complicated, but we have presented the best way to store digital photos long-term to make the task easier. Let’s see below:
1. Full Photo Stick Mobile – Our Best Choice
The best way to store digital photos long term is The Photo Stick mobile. It is a very simple, practical, and affordable solution to store digital photos safely. With the stick, you only need a single click, and all reminders are automatically sorted and saved on an external device. All your photos and videos are safe there without having to pay for unnecessary extra storage space. It is also equipped with software that automatically performs all functions you would normally have done by hand. You can check our Full Photo stick Mobile on Review for more info.
How does it work?
- Download the free app The Photo Stick Mobile from the App Store on your smartphone.
- Insert the stick into the corresponding connection on your smartphone with which you normally charge it.
- Open the app. You will see several functions on the main screen, including viewing the files on the stick, back-up (upload all your files), and disconnecting.
- Wait a few seconds until Photostick has finished collecting and organizing your memory.
- Now you are done.
The storage space on your smartphone is back to normal, and your photos and videos are safely stowed away at no additional cost. With these simple steps, you can keep your memories safe and easy. And you can access it anytime, whenever you want.
2. External Hard Drives
External Hard Drives take a little time to save important photos, videos, documents, and it is a little bit expensive. You can keep other important files with digital photos in it. They come with several variants: 500GB, 1 TB, 2 TB, 4TB etc. You can try according to your needs, and you can keep digital photos long term without any problems.
How does it work?
- To store the photos, transfer all files into your PC or Laptop HDD.
- Link the external hard drive to your PC or laptop and move all files.
- Make a folder with name and date so that you can easily find them.
- After finishing, plug out, and a backup is done.
It can be damaged if you do not use them once a week because hard drives or storage devices become slower if used regularly. So, keep consideration of the fact and store digital photos long term.
3. Cloud Storage
Cloud storage is one of the virtual storage systems that allows you to keep files without carrying storage devices. It has no risk of data loss due to storage device break or damage. Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive, MediaFire, OneDrive, etc. are popular cloud storage platforms.
How does cloud storage work?
- To start storing photos in cloud storage, you have to register an account with valid credentials.
- After confirmation, you will get 5 GB to 50 GB storage capacity for free. (Depends on the platforms)
- Now, transfer photos and files into it.
- You’re Done!
Cloud storage is the safest place to store your essential data. Data centers have necessary protection measures against hacks and other threats and make backup copies regularly. With cloud storage, you can easily control which users can access the information or restrict their entry to certain documents. It also has other options that allow a user to view a file, but not make changes or modifications to it.
4. Flash Drives
Flash drives are a great ally when we need to carry files and photos, files from one place to another. They are devices that will store large amounts of information in a small space long term. It allows you to transfer photos and other files from one device to another, be it a laptop or desktop, through a USB port.
How does a flash drive work?
- Insert it on your computer through the USB port.
- Move essential files on the flash drive.
- After completing tasks, remove it, and backup completed.
You can transfer photos and files from the smartphone using OTG. If your photos are deleted or formatted from the flash drives, you can recover them easily using the recovery software. Also, they are resistant to shocks and nerve damage in high temperatures. They are portable, due to their small size, you can take them with you anywhere.
5. MicroSD Cards
MicroSD card is a portable memory of reduced size for mobile devices, tablets, computers, cameras, printers, scanners, etc. It transfers information through a small metallic area through electrical impulses. They can be re-recorded between ten thousand and one million times, depending on the smart devices.
How does a MicroSD card work?
- Insert your microSD card into your smartphone.
- Move all photos that store in the phone storage.
- If you want to backup photos from the PC, use a card reader to transfer files in the MicroSD card.
MicroSD cards are much more durable than other forms of computer memories. An accidental drop of a MicroSD will probably not affect the stored photo in it.
6. Optical Storage
Optical storage is an electro-mechanical system that can read and write information on a special disk medium with laser light. Optical storage devices are CD, DVD, and Blu-ray discs. You can keep photos for a long time on the storage device.
How does optical storage work?
- First, you have to insert the optical storage disc in the DVD writer.
- Install third party DVD writer software like Nero on your computer.
- You can write the necessary photos on the optical storage and keep them safe for a long time.
It is an old method, and you can store photos and other data for the long term if the discs do not damage or break down.
The standard CD storage capacity is approximately 700 MB. To put it in perspective, this is enough space to store more than 3000 photos or about 80 minutes of music.
Why I Choice Photo Stick Mobile?
The photostick mobile is the only inexpensive solution that automatically saves your digital photo long term without any damage. I choice the Photo stick Mobile for these advantages:
- Ease of use: With a single click, you can automatically load all your files onto the stick without wasting time.
- Access at any time: You can access your files anytime, either directly via the stick or the PC or hard drive.
- No more fear of losing photos: You will never have to worry about losing beloved memories again because they are all safely stored on the stick.
- Affordable: Unlike many companies that offer additional storage space, the USB stick is very inexpensive. Also, it doesn't require any subscription or registration.
Where I Can Buy It?
The stick is available in different sizes, so you can choose to depend on how many files you want to back up with it. I suggest you buy it from their official website, Amazon, eBay, and other trusted platforms. Take the largest one so that you will never have memory problems again in the future.
All products come with a 60 days money-back guarantee. This starts on the day of dispatch. For a refund or replacement, the products must be returned within 60 days unless they have a manufacturing defect.
When you take photos and videos with your mobile phone, they are usually stored in a photo files folder. This photo files folder contains all your photos from the first day you started using your device. It's a real mess because if you need to make space on your smartphone or store them elsewhere, it creates confusion.
We have presented the popular ways to store digital photos. From them, PhotoStick Mobile is the best way to store digital photos long term. It is the only real solution that allows you to organize, save, and keep your memories alive with one click. You can transfer them to your computer and other storage devices anytime when you need it. You have all your photos and videos in an organized way, and without duplicates, so you don't risk losing them.