Who wants his email hacked? I am sorry, but I do not want my email to be compromised. Strong passwords for email accounts are more important than ever, especially in these days of many hacks and data breaches that have become the headlines in recent years. In this post, we’ll see how to change Yahoo password. If you don’t properly secure your email accounts, your information may be sold or shared on a dark site.
If you want to protect your accounts from growing cyber attacks, the best way to do this is to keep your passwords updated and change them regularly. Therefore, it is best to change the passwords of all your email accounts, such as Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail, to ensure the same level of security.
Remember that it’s better if we get used to changing passwords every month or saying every 2-3 months, this can protect your accounts well and have your privacy at minimal risk.
This guide will show you how to change Yahoo password to further protect your personal information. Even if you protect your Yahoo account with a strong password, you can change it from time to time. In addition to regular password maintenance, you should know how to change your password if your account is hacked, compromised, or has data breached.
How To Change Yahoo Password
Using Your PC
Luckily, you can change your Yahoo password with a few mouse clicks. Here’s how. If you know your current Yahoo password and want to change it, you can use the link in your account settings. Let’s show how:
- Open your Yahoo in a web browser.
- Now tap on your account avatar in the upper right corner of the website.
- Tap “Settings” in the drop-down menu.
- Now that you’re redirected to the Yahoo Mail page, tap “Account Information”.
- Tap on “Account Security” on the left.
- Tap on “Change password”.
- Then enter the new password you want to use.
- Enter it again in the “Confirm new password” field.
- Finally, tap “Next” to save the new password.
Using Your Mobile Application
- Open the Yahoo application on any of your mobile devices.
- Then click your account avatar at the top left of the screen.
- Click Settings.
- Then go to “Manage Accounts”.
- Now find your account and click “Account Info”.
- Next, go to “Security Settings”.
- On the “Account Security” page, click “Change Password”.
- Lastly, enter your new password and confirm it by entering it a second time.
- Click on “Next” and your new password will be saved.
Q. What to do if you want to reset Yahoo Password?
Let’s say you’ve forgotten your Yahoo password, you can reset it to gain access again to your account. How? Let’s look at this:
- In Chrome, visit yahoo.com and click “Sign In”.
- When the login page opens, you’ll need to enter your email address and tap “Next” to continue.
- Next, tap on “Forgot your password”.
- Yahoo will now send you a password reset link.
- Your options will depend on the contact options you have configured in your Yahoo account settings. In principle, you can choose whether you want to receive a text message or an e-mail to a backup e-mail address. So choose the option that is best for you.
- When you receive the reset link, follow it and enter the new password you want to use for your Yahoo account.
- See to it that your new password is strong. This might be a combination of lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers and symbols – and is at least eight characters long.
- Also, don’t use a password from another online service.
If you follow all the above steps carefully, you are sure that you have managed to reset your password.
There you have it! This content is worth reading on how to change Yahoo password. To make sure that your account is secured and safe against data breaches and possible hacking, it is recommended to change your password. Not just changed it, but see to it that you have changed it to a strong password. If you have any concerns or suggestions do not hesitate to contact us. Let us hear your thoughts in the comment section below. Thank you for reading this article.