Apple users know how beneficial a pair of Airpods is. But unfortunately, some people are having a hard time connecting the Airpods to their MacBook and iPhone. If you’re one of them, read on.
In today’s article, you will find how to connect AirPods to MacBook and iPhone. At the end of the article, you will be surprised by how easy this process is.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
How To Connect Airpods To MacBook and iPhone: Ways To Consider
Here’s how to connect AirPods to MacBook and iPhone:
1. Connecting Airpods To Your iPhone
The following are the steps you need to accomplish when setting up your Airpods:
- Go to your device’s Home Screen.
- With the Airpods in the charging case, be sure to open your charging case and then hold it close to your iPhone. After this, a setup screen will pop on your iPhone.
- Press “Connect”
- If you are using Airpods (third-gen) or Airpods Pro, you will need to read the next 3 screens.
- If you have Airpods (second-gen) or Airpods (third-gen) and you set up “Hey Siri” on your device, then “Hey Siri” is all set to use with your Airpods. But if you have not yet set up “Hey Siri” and you have Airpods (third-gen), Airpods Pro, Airpods (second-gen), no worries because you will be guided through the next step.
- Then press “DONE”
Keep in mind that if you are signed in to iCloud, then the Airpods will be set up automatically with supported devices that are already signed with the same Apple ID.
2. Connecting Airpods To Your Mac
For Airpods That You Don’t Use on Your iPhone
If the Airpods you are using are not connected to the iPhone, know that you can connect them to your Mac directly. Here’s how to do it:
- With your AirPods in the charging case, open the lid but make sure not to remove your Airpods.
- Then press and hold the button found at the bank of the case ‘til the status light begins to flash.
- On the Mac, look for the Apple menu and click it.
- Click “SYSTEM PREFERENCES” and look for “BLUETOOTH.
- Check the list of devices and look for the Airpods that you want to pair with your MacBook and click “CONNECT”
- Once the connection is completed, your Airpods will automatically show on top of the Devices list. Then your Airpods are all set to be used.
For Airpods You Already Use On Your iPhone
If your MacBook is utilizing the same Apple ID as your iPhone, it is worth noting that the Airpods are made to connect to your MacBook automatically. If this is your case, here’s what you need to do:
- Open the case of your Airpods. In fact, it is like how you connect them to the iPhone.
- On your MacBook, click the Volume icon located in the menu bar at the upper part of the screen. If you’re not familiar, it looks like a speaker.
- And in the “OUTPUT DEVICE”, select the Airpods you are trying to connect.
Q. How to Use Your Airpods With Non-Apple Devices?
Did you know that you can also use your Airpods even though you are not using an Apple device? Well, it is actually possible.
You can make use of your Airpods as a Bluetooth headset with non-Apple devices. While you cannot use Siri, know that you can talk and listen.
If you want to set up the Airpods with Android devices or other non-Apple devices, here are the steps you need to follow.
- On the non-apple device, turn on the Bluetooth.
- Open the lid, with the Airpods in the charging case.
- Press and then hold the setup button found at the back of the case until the status light flashes white.
- When the AirPods show in the list of your Bluetooth devices, tap them.
There you have some of the ways on how to connect AirPods to MacBook and iPhone. As you can see the process is not as difficult as you think. In fact, even those who are not tech-savvy will find connecting AirPods a simple task.
Hopefully, you find this helpful. If you have any questions or want to share other ways to connect your Airpods, feel free to leave them in the comment section below.