Today Facebook is considered one of the most popular social media platforms globally. Most people use Facebook to share their videos, photos, information, and views on their pages and profiles. And knowing how to delete Facebook account will be done accordingly with a process.
Now, Facebook has become a part of everyday lives to communicate and get in touch with family and friends especially living far from each other. However, with all the conflicts between people, and the invasion of one’s privacy that some Facebook users experienced, they prefer not to use Facebook and delete their Facebook account permanently.
Deleting a Facebook account was a long and tedious process, but now with just a few simple steps, you can now delete permanently your account on Facebook.
But before that, there are other options when it comes to how you use Facebook.
- First, tighten and adjust your security and privacy settings if you wish to continue using the platform with privacy and security.
- Use the semi-permanent or the temporary option of deactivating your account
- Lastly, you can delete your account on Facebook permanently.
Therefore deleting your Facebook account is now not reversible, it will be a good idea to download a copy of all your Facebook account data.
- How to Change Your Privacy Settings
- How to Deactivate Facebook Account
- How to Delete Facebook Account Permanently
How to Change Your Privacy Settings
- Log-in your Facebook details
- Click on the small triangle icon at the right top of the screen.
- Tap on Settings and Privacy, and then the Privacy Shortcuts
- Go through the privacy settings to adjust them to your desired set up
How to Deactivate Facebook Account
- Click in the right top of Facebook.
- Select on the Settings & Privacy then Settings.
- Select Facebook Information in the upper left column.
- Select Deactivation and Deletion.
- And select the Deactivate Account, Deactivation and follow the instructions given to confirm.
A deactivated profile won’t be visible to other people on the Facebook world and people won’t be able to search your account. Other information, like the messages you sent, will still be visible to them.
How to Delete Facebook Account Permanently
- Top in the top right of Facebook.
- Now Select “Settings and Privacy” then “Settings”.
- Select the Facebook Information just in the upper left column.
- Select the Deactivation and Deletion.
- Select the “Permanently Delete Account” and then click “Continue” to delete account.
Take note of some of this important information on what your account entails:
From the time you delete your Facebook account, apparently, people won’t be able to see it on Facebook. This will take up to 90 days from the process of deletion to delete all of the things you’ve posted, like your videos, photos, status updates, or other data stored in backup systems.
Q. Is it possible to deactivate a Facebook account without a password?
First of all, you need log-in details to your Facebook account to be able to permanently delete it. If happened that you do not know your login details or password, Facebook offers some recovery methods that aimed to reset your password and to regaining access to your account again. Once you can now log in, you can permanently deactivate your Facebook account.
Q. Is it possible to cancel Facebook account deletion?
Apparently yes, you just need to log into your Facebook account within one month of deleting the account. After that, you just need to click Cancel Deletion button.
Q. If I Deactivate Facebook Do My Comments Disappear?
If the deactivation has worked, your posts on your own timeline won’t be publicly visible, and your friends shouldn’t be able to see them either. Your profile has gone. But that does not mean comments you have made to others will vanish as well.
Q. What Happens to Tagged Photos After Deactivating Facebook?
Because Facebook has saved your data for your potential return, tags in pictures will still exist. However, those tags will convert to plain text. No one can link those images to a profile (to reiterate, your profile isn’t visible to anyone).
Deleting a Facebook account today will be a hard decision to make, particularly when there are so many happenings and events that we have formed and cherish online. But with your in-depth reason to permanently delete it, above you have given the simple and easy steps on how to delete a Facebook account.
Apparently, all you need to do is simply back up your files and start your new beginning.