If you have a Blu android that’s acting up, you might be wondering how to factory reset a BLU android phone. This article shares a complete guide on how to hard reset your BLU android phone so that it functions just like how it was when you first bought it.
- What’s a Factory Reset?
- Why Should You Factory Reset Your BLU Android Device?
- How To Factory Reset A BLU Android Phone?
What’s a Factory Reset?
A factory reset, also known as a master reset or a hard reset, refers to the process of restoring your device to its factory state. This means that all settings, data, and applications added by the user will be removed.
This term is usually used in reference to smartphones and mobile devices, but desktop computers and laptops, and most other electronic devices can be restored to their factory conditions.
Why Should You Factory Reset Your BLU Android Device?
There are several reasons why you may want to learn how to factory reset a BLU android phone.
1. Improve Performance
This is by far the biggest reason why most people choose to factory reset their BLU smartphone device.
Naturally, the longer you use your phone, the more data it accumulates. Also, there’s the leftover data from uninstalling apps you don’t use. These accumulated data can slowly eat up a lot of storage and RAM in the background which tends to slow down your device.
By doing a factory reset, you essentially get rid of the accumulated data and clutter. As a result, your BLU smartphone becomes fast and responsive as when it was brand new.
2. You Want To Sell Your Phone
If you’re selling your BLU smartphone or want to give it away to a family member or a close friend, then you need to get rid of all your personal data before selling or giving it away. The best way to do that is to do a factory reset.
As mentioned before, the factory reset removes all user data on the BLU smartphone device. So, once you do a factory reset, you don’t have to worry about the new owner accessing your personal data.
3. Resolving Common Issues
Other than improving phone performance, a factory reset is often the go-to method in solving most smartphone issues, especially the more serious ones.
Whether your BLU android phone is stuck at booting or starting screen or a malicious app has caused freezing, crashes, and more— these issues make it difficult to use the phone or even access it at all. A factory reset can get rid of the problem.
How To Factory Reset A BLU Android Phone?
So, now that you know the reasons why people do a factory reset, here’s how you can perform it on your BLU android phone.
Prepping Your Phone
Before you even try to factory reset your phone, there are several steps you need to take first.
Make sure that you’ve charged your BLU smartphone to 50% of battery life. Running out of battery while factory resetting your phone can be problematic. Also, you need to make a backup of all important data on your phone.
Factory Resetting Your BLU Phone
In general, there are two ways to hard reset a BLU android phone.
1. Factory Reset From The Settings
This is the easier method of factory resetting your BLU phone. Simply follow the steps below to reset your phone.
- Go to your phone’s Settings, which often have the cogwheel icon.
- Scroll and find the option “System”.
- Then find and tap on the “Advanced” option.
- From there, tap on the “Reset” option. This will allow you to restore your applications, network options, or reset the phone completely.
- Tap on the last option “Erase all data” or “Factory data reset”.
- A confirmation window will appear, reminding you that all phone data will be deleted. Tap on the “Reset phone” button.
- Another confirmation window will pop up indicating that all data stored on your BLU device as well as all downloaded applications will be removed. It also reminds you that that action can’t be undone. If you agree, you can simply tap the “Erase everything” button.
- If prompted, you also need to enter your screen unlock password, PIN, or draw the screen unlock pattern to continue.
- The device will restart and take a few minutes to restore it to its factory state
2. Factory Reset Using The Side Buttons
Another way to factory reset your BLU phone is through the side buttons. Here are the steps to follow.
- Turn off your phone.
- Then, press the Power button and volume up button together at once. In general, these are the two combinations you need to press. But if it doesn’t work, do a Google check on your specific BLU phone model and device.
- After holding it for 2 – 5 seconds, it will enter the recovery menu or safe mode. In this mode, you’ll be using the Volume Up/Down buttons to scroll through the options while the Power button is used for selecting the highlighted option.
- From your options, choose “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”.
- After resetting your BLU phone, you’ll be returned to the Recovery menu again.
- Select “Reboot System Now” to boot your phone normally.
What are BLU Phones?
BLU is a US-based mobile phone manufacturer. The company is headquartered in Doral, Miami, Florida and founded in 2009. It makes budget android smartphones aimed at users in developing countries. Although the BLU phones are designed in their base in the US, the phones are manufactured in China.
Are BLU phones any good?
BLU phones are considered one of the most affordable phones available for years. However, there have been few disastrous bugs and security scares throughout its history. BLU phones do offer a decent Android experience to people with a very limited budget, however, it still hasn’t completely won the trust of most users yet.
How long does a factory reset take?
In general, a factory reset can take about 10 – 15 minutes to complete.
And there you have it!
A factory reset is a great solution if your BLU smartphone has performance issues (it hangs or works slowly), you have a full memory and simply want to erase everything in one go, you want to bypass the screen lock, or want to sell or give it away.
We hope that this article has helped you learn how to reset your BLU android phone.