There are times when you want to share content from your iPhone to a bigger screen like your TV. After all, you may want to watch on a bigger screen or share your favorite videos and movies with other people in your home. But, what if your TV doesn’t have Wi-Fi capabilities or your Wi-Fi isn’t readily available? Fortunately, there are two solutions on how to mirror iPhone to TV without WiFi.
- 2 Useful Methods How To Mirror iPhone To TV Without WiFi
2 Useful Methods How To Mirror iPhone To TV Without WiFi
Here are two useful methods on how to mirror iPhone to tv without wifi:
Method 1: How To Mirror Your iPhone To TV Using Apple Lighting Connector
Perhaps the easiest way how to mirror iPhone to TV without WiFi is using a couple of connectors, allowing you to create a reliable wired connection between your iPhone and your TV.
This method is an easy and quick solution on how to mirror iPhone to TV without WiFi, especially if you don’t mind the wires. Also, you don’t need an Apple TV in order to make it work. As long as your TV features an HDMI port (which most modern TV have), this solution should work just fine.
Using an Apple Lightning Connector, you can link your iPhone to your TV easily. If you don’t have this connector, you can buy one from an authorized Apple store. Take note that there are other connector cables available out there that are not officially from Apple. No one’s stopping you to buy and use them. However, their safety, reliability, and quality are not guaranteed. To keep your devices protected against damage, it’s best to just buy the official products.
To complete the setup, here are the steps to follow:
- First, connect your Apple Lighting Connector to your phone. This should go into the charging port.
- Then, plug the other end of the cable into the HDMI port of your Smart TV.
- Turn on your TV.
- Using your TV remote control, click the ‘Sources’ button.
- Then, choose HDMI. If you don’t see your iPhone instantly mirrored on the screen, then you might need to switch sources.
- If you want to stop mirroring your iPhone, then you can simply disconnect the cables.
Method 2: How To Mirror Your iPhone To Apple TV via Airplay
The second way how to mirror iPhone to a TV without WiFi is a bit more complicated and has limiting requirements.
The Peer-to-Peer Airplay is an Apple technology that allows you to link your iPhone to your TV without a WiFi connection. The catch is that you need to have a specific iPhone version and it only works on Apple TV.
The latest Apple TV models like Apple TV 4K or an older model like the Apple TV HD (also known as Apple TV 4th generation 2015), can support Airplay without WiFi. Meanwhile, if you have a more outdated version of Apple TV including the Third Generation Rev. A 2012, then it may be able to support Airplay, provided that it is running on Apple TV software version 7.0 or later.
If you’re not sure if your Apple TV meets the criteria, a simple Google search of your Apple TV model and whether or not it has Airplay technology should do the trick.
In addition, you’ll also need to have an iPhone device that’s at least a 2012 model or higher. Also, it should have at least an iOS8 version. Otherwise, Peer-to-Peer Airplay won’t be available since it’s not supported on earlier devices.
That said, if your devices meet the requirements, then mirroring your iPhone to TV via Peer-to-Peer Airplay is a fairly easy process. Here are the steps to follow:
- First, you need to disconnect both your iPhone and Apple TV from any WiFi network. This is because Airplay works outside of WiFi and may not work while your devices are connected to a network.
- To disconnect your TV, go to Settings. Choose Network and click on Wi-Fi. Select the name of the WiFi network it’s connected to and choose ‘Forget Network.’
- To disconnect your iPhone, go to Settings. Tap Wi-Fi then choose ‘Forget Network.’
- Activate Bluetooth on your iPhone and Apple TV. Take note, however, that the Bluetooth on Apple TV is on by default, so you shouldn’t worry about this.
- From your iPhone’s Control Center, the ‘Screen Mirroring’ option should appear once your Apple TV detects your iPhone. If that fails, you can move the devices closer together or restart your iPhone.
- Tap the ‘Screen Mirroring’ option.
- Once your Apple TV appears on the list, tap on it.
- If prompted, make sure to enter a connection password that would appear on your TV screen. Your TV should now mirror your iPhone screen.
How to connect my phone device to my television without using wifi?
How to screen mirror an iPhone?
Screen mirroring is a convenient technology that allows you to share your iPhone screen with your TV. In most cases, however, screen mirroring requires WiFi to create a connection between your iPhone and TV.
Unfortunately, not everyone has Wi-Fi available at all times. However, with the above methods, we hope that you learned how to mirror iPhone to TV without WiFi and lets you enjoy streaming on a bigger screen or share your favorite content with your family.