Portable storage devices allow us to transfer data and information very quickly without any problems to other devices. It prevents the risks of data loss from PC and phone. Picture Keeper and USB flash drive work as a portable storage device. Though they look the same, they have differences in functions and performances.
Basically, the USB flash drive is designed for PC and smart TV. Picture Keeper is designed for Pc, Laptop, Mac, iPhone, Android phones, smart TV and consoles. Also, they have other differences and few similarities. In this article, I will share the Picture Keeper Vs Flash Drive in-depth comparison based on my user experience. There are a alternative, i already review for the photo stick in this blog.
Table of Content:
Below is the table of content you will find overall topics for your quick overview:
Let’s have a look at the comparison chart to understand quickly:
|Details of Product||Picture Keeper||Flash Drive|
|Storage capacity||32GB, 64GB, 500GB, 1TB||2GB,8GB to 1TB|
|Compatibility||Phones, tablets(android, iOS), computer(windows, Mac)||Computer(windows, Mac)|
|Software||Picture keeper app||No|
|Multiple accounts support||Yes||No|
|Where To Buy|
Picture Keeper Vs Flash Drive: What Is the Difference?
1. What Is It?
Picture Keeper Connect is a smart portable USB storage device that can automatically back up photos for android, apple, windows and Mac devices. It can save photos directly from Facebook. Its advanced backup system scans the duplicates so you can freely store the new memories.
It tells the last backup history and details. You can store all files such as photos, videos, documents and contacts. Its use is just like plug and play. If you are looking for quick shortcuts for backup, you can take the Picture keeper connect for instant and stress-free backup.
A flash drive is a portable device for keeping and transferring music, photo, video, and data files from a PC. We know the flash drive as a pen drive. They are portable, removable and rewritable. It is the main advantage of a flash drive. Flash drives have several storage volumes, such as 4GB, 8GB to 256GB. They can be used on the PC, Mac only. To use the flash drive on phones, A OTG will be needed. Its data transfer speed is average.
2. How to Use It?
You can easily use the Picture Keeper on phones, tablets, computers, etc. Let’s see how to use Picture Keeper:
- Insert the Picture Keeper dongle on the required device.
- Open the picture keeper app and click the “Start backup”.
- It will backup photos, videos, contacts automatically, avoiding duplicates.
The picture keeper app is required for android phones.
Follow these instructions to use a flash drive:
- First, insert the flash drive into the PC USB ports on your PC or laptop.
- Once the flash drive is connected, enter into the “This PC”.
- Now, you can save or copy the files to the flash drive, just like you would on your hard drive. When saving a document, be sure to save it in the section dedicated to your USB drive.
- To avoid losing data, make sure you have finished saving ALL information. After completing data transfer, unplug the flash drive.
3. Point of Benefits of Use This
Picture Keeper offers a wide range of useful and smart features. Let’s discover them:
- Device compatibility: Picture Keeper is designed for phones, tablets, computers, laptops. Without an internet connection, it can backup photos, videos and contacts.
- Quick backup: With a single click on the start backup, it backups all files within minutes. If you are on the journey, just plug Picture Keeper on your device and safely back up all files. So, there is no risk of data format and losing.
- Facebook backup: Flash drives cannot store photos from Facebook. You can directly save pictures in the Picture Keeper from Facebook.
- Support multiple accounts with security: Picture Keeper allows you to create individual accounts where photos are stored separately by occasion and person. One Picture Keeper can be used by families. Without the account holder’s authorization, no one can access his backup files.
- Remove duplicates: Picture Keeper scans the duplicates during backup and removes the copies, which prevents storage misuse. Also, It does not store previous files. It shows the duplicate alert on the screen so that you can take action.
Flash Drive has many useful features. They are mentioned below:
- Plug & Play: Flash drives are as easy to use on your phone as on your computer: just connect one to your device’s micro USB port to open and transfer files as normal.
- Fast file transfer: If you usually transfer many files between your phone and your computer, nothing more practical than doing it using a flash drive. The task is much faster than transfers by apps like Dropbox and Google Drive and simpler than using the USB cable to connect the phone directly to the PC or Mac.
- Versatility: When traveling, you don’t have to worry about your tablet’s battery if all your movies and music are stored there. You can back up everything in one place and enjoy any available gadget, be it a tablet, cell phone or computer.
- Virus transmission: Flash drives are also dangerous to use on cell phones, especially if they are shared at work or school. That’s because, just like on PCs, all types of malware can spread through them.
4. Where to Buy?
Flash drives are available in local digital accessories shops and online shops. Always get the flash drives from authorized shops.
Picture Keeper Vs Flash Drive: Which One Is Better?
At the end of the Picture Keeper Vs Flash Drive in-depth comparison, I would like to recommend the Picture Keeper for its smart backup technology. Picture Keeper can detect the duplicates and save storage. It can be used by families using individual secured accounts.
Also, it allows you to save files from Facebook. By clicking on the “start back up,” it started to backup files from the connected device. Flash drive only works with computers, but Picture Keeper is suitable for phones, tablets, PCs and Macs. If you want to store your memories creatively, you can get the Picture Keeper from here with impressive offers.